Digital Media Guidelines
Dissemination and User Management
The Center on Disability Studies (CDS) aims to promote diverse abilities across the lifespan through interdisciplinary training, research, and service. To help support this mission, the use of digital media will be utilized, and the following guideline will be used to protect the rights and dignity of all in a safe environment. This protection applies to, but is not limited to faculty, staff, instructors, partners, students and family members.
CDS adheres to all University policies and guidelines. In addition, in order to create a safe environment, sensitive and confidential information protected by HIPAA and FERPA, UH Executive Policy 2.210.III.C.2.5, CDS Digital Content Accessibility Statement, as well as language relating to UH Hawaiian Language, and disability, gender and race/ethnicity guidelines practiced in CDS’ Review of Disability Studies Journal’s Language, Grammar and Syntax author guideline.
Current digital platforms include CDS’s website, Facebook page, Twitter page, Instagram page, LinkedIn page, YouTube channel, and online learning platforms. In addition, all content and posts adhere to the Terms and Community Guidelines:
- Facebook Terms of Service
- Twitter Terms of Service
- LinkedIn User Agreement and Professional Community Policies
- YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
While we do not discriminate against views or opinions in comments to our digital media sites, we reserve the right to review and remove comments that contain:
- Profanity, obscenity, violence or vulgarity
- Private, personal information published without permission
- Comments that infringe on copyrights
- Political campaigning
- Duplicate or spam or posts intended to sell items or services
- Hate speech
- Encouragement or support of discrimination
- Defamation to a person or group of people
- Name-calling, personal attacks, or threats
- Misleading content or that contains falsehoods and/or inaccurate information
- Other content prohibited by the UH Systemwide Workplace Non-Violence Policy
Repeated violations of these guidelines may result in the commenter being blocked from commenting on our digital media pages.
If you have any concerns about content posted or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.