Identify current, emerging, promising and sustainable policies, procedures and practices within Hawaii and nationally
Define and conduct a pilot demonstration to determine effectiveness of recommended multi-agency coordinated, career-pathway services and supports procedures.
Recommend and implement a sustainable plan/legislation that will remove statewide structural, functional and financial barriers that impede competitive employment opportunities for youth and young adults with ID/DD
- Jobs Now Partnership Project Publishes Family Engagement ToolkitThe Jobs Now Partnership Project is pleased to present the Family Engagement Transition Toolkit, especially designed for emerging young adults with disabilities to utilize as a resource to support the course of transition planning for post-secondary education and employment.
- LDAH Parent Talk Cafe – Social Emotional Teaching StrategiesLearning Disabilities Association of Hawaii (LDAH) – Parent Talk Cafe – Social Emotional Teaching Strategies
- Hana Career PathwaysHana Career Pathways, a Reimagine Workforce Preparation grant from the U.S. Department of Education, offers tuition assistance for short term training leading to college and career pathways.
- Hawaiʻi ABLE Savings ProgramFor too long, people with disabilities could not save for the future out of fear of losing needed government benefits. The disability community fought long and hard to change this, and together we’ve come up with a solution.
- DVR Pre-ETS Employment Resources in Transition PlanningPrepare for life after high school graduation at this 2-hour workshop. Students with a disability and their families are invited to attend.
- Work Incentives Planning and AssistanceDo you have questions about Social Security and Work? Work Incentives Planning (WIPA) services are available to individuals who receiving a Social Security benefit based on disability AND working, looking for work or thinking about returning to work.
Family Engagement Transition Toolkit
The Family Engagement Transition Toolkit is designed especially for emerging young adults with disabilities to utilize as a resource to support the course of transition planning for post-secondary education and employment.